Once you have successfully deposited the check, you should kep the check in a safe place for 30 days. After 30 days, and after you have confirmed the deposited funds have been applied to your account, mark the check “VOID” and destroy it.
First, ensure both your signature and the endorsement statement “For HHCU Mobile Deposit Only” are visible within the photo. Check for photo clarity, including routing and account numbers. Also, make sure the amount entered matches the amount on the check.
Deposits received by 3 pm EST M-F, excluding holidays, will be credited to your account by the end of that business day. Deposits received after 3 pm EST or on weekends or holidays will be credited by the end of the next business day.
Check deposits made through the HHCU Mobile App are protected according to the highest financial industry standards. Security features include password protection, internet firewalls and 128-bit encryption. In addition, check images and other private information are not stored within the Mobile App or on your device.
You will receive an email notification when your deposit has been accepted.
- Traveler’s checks.
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than you (i.e., payable to another party and then endorsed to you).
- Checks payable to you and another party who is not a joint owner on the account.
- Checks that contain evidence of alteration, or that you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Checks that you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, represent orders to pay money that are subject to defenses by the drawer of the check or other third party.
- Checks previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Regulation CC.
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States.
- Checks not payable in United States currency.
- Checks dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks that have previously been submitted through this service or through a remote deposit capture service offered at any other financial institution.
- Checks or items that are drawn or otherwise issued by the U.S. Treasury Department.
The maximum deposit amount allowed is $5,600 per check, $5,600 per day, and $25,000 per month.
To use Mobile Deposit, you must have an active Hoosier Hills Credit Union account in good standing, be enrolled in Online Banking, and have an Apple or Android device capable of downloading the HHCU mobile app.
Any Apple or Android mobile device can download the Hoosier Hills Credit Union mobile app, which includes Mobile Deposit.
Mobile Deposit, also called “remote deposit,” is a way to use a mobile device to electronically deposit checks into your account.