Fraud prevention is a very important feature of your financial security. As your financial partner, we continually monitor and enhance security measures to ensure your private information stays secure.
- We are on the lookout for purchases which may not fit your pattern. When we see something unusual, we’ll give you a call to ensure the purchase is authorized.
- New data breaches are in the news all the time. You may or may not remember if you used your card at a particular store chain during the announced date ranges, but don’t worry. We receive lists of potentially compromised cards from Mastercard® and Visa®. We check to ensure our members are not on the list and if they are, we’ll immediately contact you and issue a new card.
- Our ATMs are equipped with anti-skimmer equipment to keep your transactions safe from criminal schemes.
- When you log into Online Banking, you may notice we use Double Authentication for your security. In addition to your password, we take a second step to have you verify by phone or email. We want to make sure only you are accessing your secure information.
If Fraud Does Occur, We’ll Walk You Through it
Call us right away, no matter when you discover your cards are lost or stolen. We’ll replace your cards and help you get back on track.
During regular business hours call 800.865.2612
After hours, call 800.472.3272.
Each check you order through Hoosier Hills Credit Union automatically comes with CheckArmor Fraud Restoration Service. This means that if you’ve experience any type of identity theft fraud, you will have immediate access to a certified specialist who will guide you through the restoration process.
How You Can Increase Your Own Security
- Never disclose your PIN numbers or log in credentials. Hoosier Hills Credit Union will never ask you for this information.
- Use the free CardValet app to lock and unlock your cards from your smartphone. You can schedule alerts and even set monetary and geographic parameters.
- Learn more about increasing your financial security from our Fraud Center.